Most of the tunes you will hear at a Billy Thompson Gypsy Style gig can also be heard on the high quality audio recordings. There are two CDs to date by Billy Thompson Gypsy Style.
Scroll down and click on the highlighted tracks to listen… For audio samples of all the tracks click on the iTunes, Amazon or Bandcamp links…
Billy Thompson Gypsy Style – The Eberle Sessions.
2015 Audio CD.
Billy Thompson Gypsy Style – The Eberle Sessions is the latest CD. This album was recorded at Thompsound Music and features Billy Thompson (violin), Karen Street (accordion), Andy Mackenzie (guitar), Eryl Jones (guitar/mandolin) and Greg Robley (bass).
The album also features special guest appearances by Ivor Aldred on Harmonica for Bluesy Isaac and also John Wheatcroft on Guitar for Billy’s track Teigr Lily, Jeff Beck’s Scatterbrain and Django’s Micro.
- Teigr Lily
- Bei Dir War Es Immer So Schön
- No One Knows
- Bluesy Isaac
- La Vie En Rose
- Appel Indirect/Limehouse Blues
- Right Then Yous
- Chaque Fois Que Je Ferme Mes Yeux
- Romanian Folklore
- My Favourite Things
Billy Thompson Gypsy Style –
2009 Audio CD.
Billy Thompson Gypsy Style – Live was recorded at a performance in Llay for the North Wales Jazz Society. The CD features Billy Thompson (violin), Andy Mackenzie (guitar), Eryl Jones (guitar/mandolin), Phil Gardiner (guitar) and Dave Turner (double bass). Three of the tracks can be seen and heard on the Video Footage page.
- All of Me
- Danse Norvégienne
- Oh Lady Be Good
- Swing for the Gypsies (Joseph Joseph)
- Manha De Carnaval
- Minor Swing
- Alom a Szememen
- Blue Drag
- 2 The Night
For further information, downloads, other audio recordings and quantity discounts please visit the Thompsound Music Shop.
For audio samples of all the tracks on these albums click on the iTunes, Amazon or Bandcamp links…
Billy Thompson’s ‘Kwik Kuts’
Here is the compilation track from the home page again with the full list of tracks featured below:
- Theme tune written by Billy for an S4C TV show looking at the history of the Romany Gypsy tradition in Wales.
- An excerpt from ‘Date of Birth’, a track written by Billy on the looping CD Looper’s Delight Volume IV.
- An excerpt from ‘Son of a Gun’ by Barbara Thompson’s Paraphernalia. From the Never Say Goodbye album.
- Teigr Lily written by Billy. Track one from The Eberle Sessions.
- Violin solo from Amledd‘s ‘Rhosys Cochion’.
- ‘Scatterbrain’ by Jeff Beck from The Eberle Sessions.
- Violin solo overdubbed to Orbital’s Lush 3-2.
- String section from ‘Bod ar Wylie’ by Amledd
- ‘Can Mabon’ violin solo (using baritone violin moving to regular violin for the second half) from Amledd‘s Cyfnod Cyntaf album.
- ‘Right Then Yous’ violin solo from The Eberle Sessions.
- ‘No One Knows’ by Queens of the Stone Age from The Eberle Sessions.
- Excerpt from Barbara Thompson’s Paraphernalia’s ‘Bulletproof’ from The Last Fandango album.
- Violin solo from the same ‘Bulletproof’.
- Violin solo from ‘Lullaby of Birdland’ internet session with Accordion player Eddy Jay
- Violin solo from ‘La Vie en Rose’ from The Eberle Sessions.
- Violin solo from Tango 1 from Barbara Thompson’s Paraphernalia’s Thompson’s Tangos album.
- Violin ‘Head’ to Peter Lemer’s ‘Regga Ragga’ also from the Thompson’s Tangos album.
- Violin solo from Amledd‘s ‘Myfanwy 2’.
- String section from ‘Bring me Back’.
- ‘Viente Anos’ by The Amigos playing Buena Vista style.
- Romanian Folklore violin solo from the Amigos’ album ‘Alma Gitana’
- Violin solo to ‘Mood Indigo’ from Billy’s album with Guitarist Andy Maule Iff & Butt.
- Play out to ‘My Favourite Things’ from the same album.
- Violin solo to ‘Tonight’ from Ana Gracey‘s unplugged album.
- Spooky strings from a session at Danny Chang’s studio.
- The ‘6 was 9’ by Andy Maule. Free violin solo.
- Rock violin solo from a session at Danny Chang’s studio.
- The end to ‘Date of Birth’, the track written by Billy on the looping CD Looper’s Delight Volume IV.